The Transatlantic Colossus
A Transatlantic Free Trade Agreement between the European Union and the US aims to ease business activities across the Atlantic. TAFTA | TTIP is a colossal undertaking that, if concluded, will establish the largest FTA in history. It is sold as a panacea but is that simple?
Read all posts for ‘TPP’
Tafta/TTIP and TPP in comparison: similar interests, unkown outcomes
Abstract: 2013 is a critical year for global trade policy. The ongoing trend of proliferating bilateral and multilateral trade agreements has entered into a new stage with Japan’s decision to join the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) negotiations and the launch of negotiations between the EU and the US to reach a comprehensive […]
Asia Policy Brief: Economic Consequences of a Transatlantic Free-Trade Agreement for Asia
Asia Policy Brief 2013/05: Economic Consequences of a Transatlantic Free-Trade Agreement for Asia The „Asia-Policy-Briefs“ analyze political and economic developments in Asia and reflect on their impact on Germany and Europe. The short briefing papers focus on current events as well as underlying trends in important large Asian countries. In […]
TPP: A Powershift of a Different Kind
A few years ago, the concept of “the 99%” entered mainstream parlance. It’s a bit of an ironic expression because quite frankly the missing 1% refers to those with the money and the power and leaves the rest of us, the 99%, very much like mere puppets on strings moving […]
TPP y Perú: ¿beneficios económicos o trampas comerciales?
Abstract: In a global dynamic in which the concept of borders seems to mutate and even fade, free trade agreements are the order of the day. In the case of Peru, where the negotiations on the Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership are currently taking place, netizens have been mobilizing activists with […]